Kids like to be left on their own. They like to lie on the floor with their entire spread of toys in front of them. They like to jump around and roll on the floor but in the event, they do not like getting hurt, do they? Absolutely no! A kid getting hurt while playing on the hard floor is an awful, horrible thing. They are delicate little creatures. Their soft skin needs to be protected. This is where the need of a nice, soft and warm rug comes into play.
A rug on the floor is very useful to keep your kid from getting hurt due to an accidental fall. Kids are also extremely conducive to catching a cold while playing on the floor. The warmth of a rug will prevent them from the cold too.
Kids Rug: how should it be?
- First and foremost requirement is softness. Kids have delicate skin. A coarse material is likely to cause rashes on your kid’s skin. Prevent this by buying a soft material for the rug. It should be delicate and soothing.
- Do not buy a small rug. The rug should be large enough to cover the entire room.
- Choose a color that your kid will like. Avoid dull and boring colors. Get a rug that has a bright, happy color. Blue, light green, pink, yellow are good picks.
- Rugs these days come in so many different patterns and designs. There are rugs with geographical maps, cartoon characters, ships, color blocks, alphabets and so much more. Find out your child’s interest and choose a rug accordingly. For example, if your baby girl is fond of Barbie choose a rug which has images of Barbie on it.
- Rugs can serve multiple purposes. Some examples are for playing, watching TV, studying and for educating the kid. Yes, rugs are a very good means to educate your kid about different things.
- The script rug has numerous words written on it. Words in white with a black base rug looks classy. Sit with your child and hunt new words on this rug of word maze.
Geography can be made fun with the rug that has a map of continents on it. Watch your child jump onto the rug with enthusiasm as he glides from one continent to the other.
♦ The rug is sure to get dirty, what with the kids spilling food and water all over it. In such a scenario, it would be wise to get a rug that can be easily cleaned. ♦ Make sure that the rug is free from harmful chemical that might be infectious for your child’s skin.
Some specially designed rugs
Some kids rugs that leave a mark are mentioned below, choose anyone and watch your kid get energized at the mere sight of his beloved rug:
♦ The hand tufted planes rug has different types of air planes flying all over it. Get this rug and watch your kid zip-zap-zoom into the world of airplanes!
♦ The happy life beige rug is sweet, colorful and fun-filled. Watch your child make friends with elephants and giraffes as he beams with happiness while playing on this rug.